How is a cafe's total score calculated?
A cafe's score is between 1 and 10 and is calculated from an average of it's review scores plus additional bonus points outlined below.
- In order for a cafe to receive a score it must have a minimum of two reviews.
- A cafe's score is recalculated after each new review.
- A cafe's position in rankings is correlated to it's score, however rankings often have other eligibility criteria that must also be met.
A review may provide additional points to a cafe over and above the review score depending on the following:
- The review is a credible review
- The number of reviews by the reviewer
- The number of photos by the reviewer
- The recency of the review
Additionally, a cafe's score can be boosted by the total number of reviews for the cafe.